Speaking from personal experience, sunsets have always played a huge role in my life. From being proposed to, to catching up with an old friend near the Corniche breakwaters (Abu Dhabi) in the evening, and even watching the sunset while healing from a breakup, sunsets have been an integral part of my special moments.
Sunsets have a magical way of letting you forget everything and get lost in the moment with those breath-taking views. Here are the 5 reasons why I believe you need to catch sunsets more often:
1. The Beginning – Although sunsets have been mostly associated with endings, I believe that they are a perfect beginning. If you’re planning to go on a date or meet a new person for the first time, rather than going to a restaurant or the arcade, take them to the beach to watch the sunset. It is so peaceful, calm, and beautiful. It allows you and your company to have enough time and space to catch up without any disturbance and it could be the start of an amazing relationship. It is the perfect setting to tell someone how much they mean to you.
2. Mental Health and Wellbeing – Mental health and wellbeing are very important and should not be neglected. We need to let go of all the negativity and soak in loads of positivity to recharge ourselves. Sunsets are like therapy. It is so pleasing to the eyes to observe how beautifully the colors blend, transitioning from a perfect blue to pink to orange to blazing red. It makes me feel that God is such an amazing artist and the fact that we get to see sunsets every single day brings a smile on my face. It’s strange how nature can impact our lives so much. I also believe that watching the sunset slows down time. In this fast-paced world, we need to slow down just to check in on ourselves.
3. Discovering and embracing our talents We need to leave our electronic devices behind for a while and really get out there and experience nature’s beauty. Painting while watching a beautiful sunset is the most magical experience for me. It not only feels refreshing, but it allows me to discover and embrace my talents. There are many people who have not discovered their talents yet, and sunsets provide you with the perfect setting. So, take your friends and family out and help them discover themselves and their hidden talents, and maybe yours as well.
4. Rejuvenate – If you are feeling exhausted and burned out, watching the sunset will make you feel refreshed and help in feeling rejuvenated. Sometimes good things are free, and we need to benefit from it. Sunset meditation will allow us to breathe, reflect and become self-aware. This is very important as at the end of the day, we need to be happy and at peace. Yellow, orange and red symbolize warmth for me, which is why I feel so comfortable when I watch sunsets. It is like a warm hug from the earth. I feel rejuvenated and I really want you to feel the same.
5. The End – Sunsets remind you that all good and bad things come to an end. It is the perfect bittersweet moment. It reminds us that every day is like a whiteboard, and you get to write your story from scratch every single day. Sunsets allow me to have a conversation with myself. After a long day of being a corporate robot and overusing worldly gadgets, all I need is the perfect sunset, a cup of comforting Karak chai, and a moment to check with myself if I’m doing okay. Just like an actor bows before the audience after a spectacular performance, sunsets bow to make us feel thankful as each day is a blessing and every ending leads to new beginnings.
6. Bonus – My favorite sunset spot – If you’re living in Abu Dhabi, UAE, catch perfect and quiet sunsets near Anantara Eastern Mangroves Abu Dhabi Hotel. You can go on a peaceful walk but just to liven things up and go all out – I’d recommend you go for the sunset kayaking tour.
Hope I convinced you that sunsets are freaking amazing. So, what are you waiting for? Go watch the beautiful sunset today.